Updated: Sep 8, 2020
We have compiled the top eight benefits of choosing in-home euthanasia for your pet's end-of-life care.
1. Reduced stress: When an in-home euthanasia service comes to you, you do not need to worry about getting to an appointment on time, the dreaded walk from the car into the veterinary waiting room, and the noise of the busy office. Having a veterinary team come to you significantly reduces the stress of you and your pet.
2. There is no need for transportation: Transporting a critically ill pet near the end of their life is by far one of the most difficult challenges for pet owners and pets. Using an in-home euthanasia service eliminates this part of the process.
3. Full attention from medical professionals: When you use an in-home euthanasia service, you receive the full attention of the veterinary team. No receptionist or technical staff is trying to get your doctor's attention, no phones are ringing, and there are no other clients to distract the veterinarian. The focus remains solely on you and your pet.
4. Specialized care: Often, in-home euthanasia veterinarians have received extra training in the practice of palliative care. That means that they have taken classes and completed courses that help them better care for animals during the last weeks, days, and hours of their life. This specialized care makes all the difference.
5. Family present: Having an in-home euthanasia service allows you to have the family and friends you may need present. In the traditional clinic, you cannot have all of your children, your cousins, or your neighbors present - it would be too many people in a small exam room. With in-home euthanasia, you are free to let whomever you'd like to come and be with you and your pet.
6. Comfortable Environment: There is no denying that your living room couch is far more comfortable than the sterile exam room at your veterinarian office. If comfort is something you are looking for, then in-home euthanasia is the best choice for you.
7. Private Grieving: When a pet is euthanized at home, owners are more comfortable expressing their deep sorrow and grief in a private and familiar environment.
8. No time constraints: With in-home euthanasia, you have unlimited time to say goodbye. In traditional veterinary offices, there are many time constraints with the doctor and staff needing to be in the next appointment or free up the exam room.
For more information on the best cremation services please read this post.